Join the Community
Faculty members are fast becoming advocates and trainers in the use of open textbooks on their local campuses. College Open Textbooks is focused on driving the awareness and advocacy of open textbooks. One essential initiative is to build a sense of community within the open textbook movement.
We have created two community “Ning” sites – a portal to mini social networks created around common interests, each one serves a different purpose, viewpoints and shared resources.
Join the College Open Textbooks Community Ning Network.
- This is a general information site for stakeholders and participants of the College Open Textbooks Collaborative
- Once you become a member, then you can also join a number of special interest groups such as:
or the OER Center for California.
Join the Open Textbooks Advocate Trainer Ning Network.
- This community site encourages adoptions of open textbooks through campus advocacy, shared resources and workshops
- Community members can attend events and network with peers before and after an event, or you can join a local network in your area.
- Sample materials, success stories and shared best practices are just a part of what you will experience by joining the Advocate Trainer Ning.